- Easy to handle without spilling or damaging the hydrogel
- Cool, soothing effect for up to 24 hours
- Impermeable to bacteria
- Biocompatible and hypoallergenic
- Reduces risk of hypertrophic scars
- Award winning new technology
- FDA cleared and CE marked
BurnTec® is FDA cleared and CE marked, and it is currently being utilized in European countries. This hydrogel dressing is different from other burn first aid dressings due to its stable-sheeting hydrogel structure. The dressing has been strengthened with a medical-quality non-woven fabric which makes it easy to handle. This stable structure eliminates the risk of spilling or damaging the cooling hydrogel. In other words, the hydrogel stays over the burn area and prevents the gel from spilling off body surface area.
The constitution of the BurnTec® dressing incorporates an aqueous composition of natural and synthetic polymers such as polyvinylpyrrolidone, polyethylene glycol and agar, cross-linked by a beam of electrons.
The BurnTec® cools the injured area and ensures a soothing effect for up to 24 hours. The sterile non-stick dressing is absorbent, trapping wound secretion and bacteria within the gel. The dressing is permeable to water vapor and oxygen but impermeable to bacteria which helps protect the wound from external contamination while allowing it to breathe.
- Packaged: L 6.25 in. x W 6.25 in. x D 0.15 in.
- Open Length: 4 in. x 4 in.
- Weight: 1.9 oz