APLS Thermal Guard Mylar - Case of 10
APLS Thermal Guard Mylar
APLS Thermal Guard Mylar is a portable and disposable absorbent litter that provides maximum thermal protection during emergency transport.
Fielded to USSOCOM as part of the Casualty Sustainment Module since 2011. Bloodstone members in designing the modules for SOCOM TCCC CASEVAC Program integrated the Thermal Guard and Thermal Wrap. This integrated system was operationally tested in January 2011 at FT Carson, CO and was found to be the most efficient Hypothermia System tested.
APLS Thermal Guard Mylar provides an integrated system for improved patient care – the highly absorbent cellulose core wicks fluids away from the patient, the Mylar-lined bag and detachable hood retain body heat, and the treated nylon backing protects against wind and moisture.
Eight closable access points enable medical personnel to better treat the patient at point of injury.
APLS Thermal Guard Mylar can retain 1.7 liters of bodily fluid while safely supporting up to 350 pounds.
- Built-in thermal properties for warmth during transport
- Contains up to 1.7 liters of blood and bodily fluid
- Supports 320 - 350 lbs (145.15 – 158.76 Kg) wet or dry
- 8 (Eight) access points enable treatment at point of injury
- 8 (Eight) reinforced straps allow for easy carrying and transport
- Leak proof nylon backing for additional strength while dragging
- Pockets for medical documents and personal effects
- Detachable, lined hood
- Lightweight, rugged, strong
- Compressed vacuum packed
PART No. and NSN No:
Coast Guard/EMS Orange:
- Finished Product Size: 22" x 76" (55.88 cm x 193.04 cm)
- Target Absorbency (H2O): 1,500 – 1,850 grams Target = 1,700 grams, or 1.7 liters
- Pad Thickness: 0.2250" (0.57 cm)
- Pad Weight: 2.9 lbs. Dry Weight (1.32 kg)
- Weight Capacity: 320 - 350 lbs (145.15 – 158.76 Kg)